March 31, 2010

uniforms and french fries

Here's a little update on the lives of two college students. End of the term homework and finals to finish up. Next week is the last week of the semester. I'm sure happy to move on to a new semester, and be rid of the horrible winter weather here. I am craving sunshine and warmness!

If this isn't a little help from up above, I don't know what is. Denver and I both got called with job offers the same day about a week ago. Denver got to return to his old job, and I am now blessed with the job of a fast food worker. Denver is settling quite well into his work schedule, and I'm doing OK. So far, this week has been my first week on the job. My days are short so far, I'm just getting trained. I'm now seeing firsthand, the behind the scenes at working at a fast food restaurant. Can't say I love it, can't say I hate it. It will be a huge adjustment. It's a little hard being the only new employee, not everyone is the friendliest, but I am blessed with a patient manager who praised me highly for making my first ice cream cone. (And didn't laugh at me when I didn't hold down the lid while making a shake, which then proceeded to explode all over me). So as we can see, I have a long way to go. It is a little intimidating with all I have to learn (and remember!) but this morning I was reading in Mosiah 23:28 and it basically said to "hush your fears." I'm thinking that is my new motto for a while.

Well, this next semester will be a busy one. With both Denver and I taking classes and working, it will be a new experience. But life is full of new experiences, they never leave you.

7 comments:

  1. that's great that you BOTH got job offers . . . and amazing that it happened on the same day! I bet the new semester & busier schedules will be an adjustment. But a good one, right? :)
    Good luck with those milk shakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for both of you. At least you are willing to try new things. I'm sure in no time you will be the drive-up window and milk shake queen. Good luck with all the new experiences. You're right, they never leave you. I still get nervous about new things and I'm a little older than you.:) Love you -- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting jobs! Starting a new job is so difficult and overwhelming; I know what you are talking about! But I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually, and until then, just tell Denver to enjoy the fact that you might smell like milkshakes when you get home. :D

    Those Rexburg winters can be so...long. Hooray for Spring coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true life is full of change and adjustments. That is how we grow and change into the people we are ment to be, Best of luck with your new jobs...All will fall into place and you'll look back at how overwhemed you were and see how far you have come and you'll say to yourself "gee that wasn't too hard" then you'll laugh and move on to the next change/challenge and face it head on knowing time will make it better...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was glad to hear when you both got jobs, that's awesome, in college I use to work at the school cafe, not my favorite but it turned out to be a great job at the time.
    you'll catch on great, i'm sure it's hard since they all know every detail & I'm sure their not explaining it like they should since it's second nature to them. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all the encouragement you guys! it sure means the world to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bree....loved your post. You will do fabulous...just show them your smile...who could get mad at that? =)
    Little history for you...I worked in a Ma and Pop hamburger place in High School... mainly peeling potatoes....yes I'm old....they didn't even have frozen ones back then.
    You will do great.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete