So I was just laying in bed last night thinking, which is something that I do almost every night, and instead of rehashing the things that usually annoy me, I concentrated on thinking of things that thrill me. After having a couple of minutes of this, I came up with ten things I really enjoy, things that thrill me. So here we go.
1. DENVER. Of course this is a no brainer one, right? But I really got done to it, and I realized how much I love this guy. When he smiles or really laughs, and I mean really laughs, my heart just flutters with happiness. And when he does little things for me, such as spontaneously making the bed, or accomplishing the amazing feat of putting a dish in the dishwasher, I just have to hug him and tell him I love him.
2. FAMILY. This one might also seem like a no brainer, but in all actuality, I just love family. Especially when I hear of my brother's accomplishments. That kid is golden, and I couldn't be more proud of him, and every day I wish him to succeed.
3. LITERATURE. I absolutely love literature. Good books thrill me beyond belief. I love how Shakespeare, Jane Austen, and many others carefully craft their words for me to enjoy. And getting lost in a good book is just heaven.
4. THE GOSPEL. I love this gospel. I love expanding my knowledge on things I thought I knew really well and sharing them with Denver.
5. GOOD MOVIES. Clean movies with a good message are an unbeatable duo. So many movies are just filled with filth, and it's relieving to know I choose not to destroy myself with them.
6. GOOD FRIENDS. Have to admit, I don't have many of these yet. Really close friends that I trust are a rare commodity, so the ones I do have I cherish and hold close to my heart.
7. SUMMER. There is something about summer that has a hint of romance in it, right? And of course the great weather, sunshine, and being outside is something I truly enjoy.
8. MY PILLOW. Don't ask me why, but there is something truly satisfying about laying in bed and having a soft pillow beneath your cheek.
9. GOD'S CREATIONS. When I really take the time to notice the splendor of this earth, I am beyond grateful for the chance to be a part of it. It never fails to amaze me how many things supply beauty.
10. A BABY'S SMILE. No, I do not have babies coming anytime soon, and I'm the first one to admit I'm not a huge baby person, but there is something in a baby's smile that just tugs at my heart and makes me smile. Someday I'll be able to experience that everyday.
So, just a couple of things I thought I'd share. I've come to realize thinking about things that I'm grateful for, or things that truly thrill me, all annoyance vanishes and happiness slowly creeps in. It's a good feeling. :D