February 16, 2011

just thinking

It's been a little challenging to think of what to post these past couple of months, just because not a whole lot has been happening here. Other than Denver's internship, and church, we haven't really ventured out and explored. But we are doing pretty well. Denver is really enjoying his internship. I think he's feeling quite grown-up. :) Church out here is a tiny little branch which is unique. We have made friends, the only other young couple in the branch, which was a great blessing. I was about to go crazy. We haven't been able to get jobs, which was something I was anticipating. No one wants to hire people for only a few months. So we've had to budget extremely well.

For Valentine's Day, Denver got me two movies. Movies are the other love of my life, so Denver has kept a track of the ones I'd watched on Netflix. I couldn't stop talking about a cute 80's movie that I'd watched, Peggy Sue Got Married. So Denver was sneaky and ordered it for me. He also got me the movie Valentine's Day. How appropriate!

I figured out the other day Denver and I have been married for a year and half. That is beyond crazy. We've learned a lot about each other, and continue to do so. We've been through a lot of moves, but it's been an adventure. I love you Denver! :)

3 comments:

  1. aww, what a sweet guy. The best gifts are the ones you KNOW they had to think about, pay attention for clues (hints), and plan out ahead of time. I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well.
    That's a bummer about the job thing. I kinda fell into that when we moved to Oregon and I was 2 or 3 months pregnant. No one wanted to hire me knowing that I was going to quit in a few months. Eventually I signed up at a couple temp agencies and was able to get some work. Random work . . . like making Caesar salads in a cafeteria in a large business office . . . It is what it is. Work and a paycheck. Maybe you can look into something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you are doing well. It's too bad about the job situation, but I'm sure this adventure will be something you look back on with fond memories. I mean who would want to forget the elevator smells, the wake up calls in the middle of the night and let's not forget the gifts (?) left in the hall outside your apartment. (I'm trying to put a positive spin on the gift outside your apartment.) :) Love you to the moon and back. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to am glad you are doing well. Times like these will be the things you remember the most later in life and tell your children all about.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete