June 21, 2011

Life Lately

I suppose it's time for another post. Yes, I realize it has been quite a while since my last one. I had forgotten how crazy my life gets when a new semester starts up again. So much reading, writing papers, and crazy little assignments. And of course working. I really have started to miss that time in Virginia. I knew I would. But, all in all, things have been going ok for Denver and I. Once we got our grant money in April, we were able to breathe a bit easier and finally settle into the same old routine. A few things that have been noteworthy:
  • Denver got called as Elder's Quorum Secretary (again) and I got called as a Relief Society pianist
  • We have actually been home taught and my visiting teachers have been very warm and open
  • Denver and I were able to go to California in May for his brother's mission homecoming
  • My brother left for his mission to Peru
  • I have written too many papers and assignments to count
  • I have started running again with my friend Emily.
  • Eight of my friends are pregnant
  • Three of my friends are now engaged
  • One of my friends got married, and I was able to fly home to be there for her
Well, nothing too exciting, but it is what it is. My birthday is next week, and Denver is promising me he will find a perfect gift. Silly boy. He is also in the process of planning something for our anniversary. We've discussed a few options, such as a long weekend in Moab, Salt Lake, or St. George. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter what we do. It will be 2 years in August, how time flies.

I guess I should go write my research paper. It's due tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your post- you have a great way with words.
    You should do a birthday wish list....just saying, it might help a few people out. =)
    Miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on that research paper. 8 of your friends are prego, that made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love to hear what you've been up to. And doesn't it seem like when you stop and write it down you've done a lot more than you thought? Keep up the good work, you can almost see the end!!! Love you a million red m&ms. Mom

    ReplyDelete