July 27, 2011

A Day in the Life of Bree.....


I've really enjoyed reading the daily posts about what someone does during a normal day. Capturing the daily, non important things. So I decided to give it a try. Here goes.

First...I do my scripture study. Recently I've
been reading the General Conference talks. Today I read Sister Mary N. Cook's "Remember This: Kindness Begins with Me." I really enjoy reading the conference talks. It makes my day go so much better.


Second...I try to do a little 'me' time. I write to my brother Brady who is on his mission in Peru. I also love to read, so right now I'm reading "Anne of Green Gables." I love Anne. She makes me laugh. I love when she says, "Isn't it wonderful that there are so many things to enjoy in this world."
Third..Cleaning. I wish there was a cleaning fairy to help me every now and then. My least favorite thing to clean is the bathroom. My favorite thing is vacuuming. Weird, I know. But I enjoy having a clean house more than anything, so I stick with it. Maybe one of these days Denver will find his joy for cleaning. :D

Fourth... I go to work. And it always helps to have a smile on my face. People do appreciate a smile, I'll tell you that. You meet interesting people too at work. There are the cute old grandpa's who eat there almost everyday. I know two regular customers now, and I have stepped out of my comfort zone to have conversations with them. There are the mom's with four kids that come every other day, and those who just need people to talk to. I enjoy that part of work.









4 comments:

  1. I'm with you . . . . hate cleaning bathrooms, but don't mind vacuuming. I think it's because the vacuum helps a room feel so clean with little effort. And it doesn't involve scrubbing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your day in the life post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post.....can good luck with Denver cleaning... I tried for 19 years....I failed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this post. I love the feeling of having a clean house. I'm not real big on cleaning toilets either, but what's even worse is having to clean the toilets even though no one is using them. What's up with that? If no one is using them they should stay clean, right? I love you and I'm glad that classes are over for awhile and you can have some time to recharge. Much love -- Mom

    ReplyDelete