November 28, 2012

California Livin'

California. 
It's been almost five months since we moved to California. 
I have to admit, most of the time I had been in denial. Change has never come easy for me. I didn't want to change our routine of being college students. Because that meant we had to be grownups. I didn't think I was ready for that kind of commitment. So I know there have been times when Denver has been ready to smack me upside the head (just kidding) to have a better, more positive attitude. It's a little nerving to admit that you have weaknesses. I mean, I realize no one is perfect. But no one likes to admit their faults. For a while now, California has been a huge adjustment for me. 

But yesterday, a lot of things changed. Denver got a JOB. And not only was that a blessing answered by a loving Heavenly Father, it was also a nudge (more like a huge kick in the pants) to accept that California is my new home for a while. It feels so good to settle down though. Denver and I have been in limbo for so long, I'm a little beside myself that we get to be in one place for a while. Now we can start a routine, which I'm a big fan of. 

So since we've been in California, we've had lots of wonderful experiences. We've finally settled into our "grown up" lives. And that's all I really wanted in the first place. 


4 comments:

  1. Hooray for the job! Congratulations! And it always takes a while to settle in to a new place--you'll figure it out, especially now that you have a job and a plan and kind of know what to expect. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy he got the job, it helps to not be in limbo and to be able to feel like you can move forward with your lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Denver. Is it the job with Target? Glad you guys will be staying here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! Congrats on the job! Oh I bet that feels SO good to finally have some direction and security. Enjoy getting settled and finding your new routine.

    ReplyDelete