January 26, 2016

Dear Lincoln: Month Three

Dear Lincoln,

Today you are three months old. I still can't believe you're my son. I can't believe you're mine. We've got a good thing going so far, don't we? Our days are filled with smiles and kisses and cuddles. I never imagined being a mother would feel this way-filled with more love for someone than I could ever imagine. I love taking care of you, comforting you, and cuddling with you. I love when you I make you smile. I love when I come in the room, you light up and stretch out in my direction. I love when you wake up in the morning and completely grin from ear to ear when I come to your crib to get you. To say you are the light in my life is an understatement.

"Motherhood has taught me the meaning of living in the moment and being at peace. Children don't think about yesterday, and they don't think about tomorrow. They just exist in the moment." 

I'm really trying to live in each moment with you Lincoln. I love seeing you grow and develop. I love imaging the kind of person you will be. It's true what they say, I can't imagine my life before having you. 

The days where I'm overwhelmed are still there of course, but they're becoming fewer and fewer. You and I have a good routine together and I'm understanding your language. I think you're understanding mine. Today has been an whirlwind of emotions, I didn't think I would have such an emotional one. I'm just filled with love for you. I can't express quite everything I'm feeling, but that's all right. All I care about is loving you and raising you to be a man of kindness, courage, and strength. I promise you I will do my best. I love you.






Love,

Your Mother






1 comment: