February 26, 2016

Dear Lincoln: 4 Months

Dear Lincoln,

Today you are four months old. I seriously cannot comprehend that you are growing up so fast. I really can't believe that just four months ago you came into this world. The emotions I have when I had you to the emotions I have with you now still overwhelm me. The love. Worry. Surprise. Proud. Hope. Fear. I'm always finding myself just staring at you and thinking, "You are my son." I've said before I have always been extremely selective about the people I let into my life. My heart. And you, my son, have captured my heart from the first moment I saw you. Before I had you, I really thought you would have to work your way into my heart like everyone else has to. But no. Apparently you received a free pass on that. That's about all the free passes I'm going to give you :)

Lincoln, you are my life. You are the reason I get up every day and live. You have no idea just how much you have changed me-for the better. I look at myself in the mirror everyday and instead of my insecurities shouting out my flaws, I see me as you see me. And trust me, that's worth the pain and discomfort of bringing you into this world. You love me unconditionally. You don't see any flaws or imperfections, you just see your mama. 

Lincoln, at four months, you love: your newly discovered toes. Having your diaper changed. Being tickled by Daddy. Bath time. Being sung to, especially before bedtime. Your favorite toys. Swinging. 

Things you are less thrilled with: being hungry. Being tired. Just waking up from a nap. Having the sun in your eyes. 

Lincoln, I love you. I don't have any more eloquent way to say that. But that is the one thing I want you to always know about me. That I love you, and hope you are never scared to share anything with me or your Dad. We'll love you no matter what. 

I have always turned to music when I'm happy, upset, confused, or in a contemplating mood. And so, today being your four month milestone, this is the song I can't get out of my head. I have listened to it over and over already this morning. I might have even cried a bit :) Enjoy.



Love,

Your Mother
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you wanna go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile.
But more than anything, more than anything

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but you never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you live,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And always give more than you take.
But more than anything, yeah, more than anything

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish. Yeah, yeah.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish (my wish, for you).

This is my wish (my wish, for you)
I hope you know somebody loves you (my wish, for you).
May all your dreams stay big (my wish, for you)


1 comment: