July 16, 2016

Dear Lincoln: Growing Up

Dear Lincoln,

In two weeks you'll be nine months. In three months you're going to turn a year old. I am seriously in denial you'll be that old. I am seriously going through so many emotions and trying to process them, that it gives me a bit of anxiety! You are no longer my newborn baby, and it makes me sad. I loved having a newborn. I loved all the cuddles, the peaceful quiet, and the calm. Now that you're getting older and to the point where you are exploring EVERYTHING, it's taking some getting used to. Not that I'm not proud of you for exploring your surroundings, and developing your skills. It's just hard to swallow.

At eight months, you are LOVING moving around. You're not quite crawling, but you are super close. You get up on all fours and rock, and have even started to army crawl. So you're almost there. You love grabbing anything in sight. My hair, throat, remote control, you name it. You are so curious and have to know what everything is about. I had to put away your floor play mat because you are so strong now and turning it over. That was a hard day. You're at the point where you need space to move around and explore. You roll all over the floor and when you're in your baby walker you zoom across the kitchen. It's the cutest thing to watch.

You now have four teeth, two top teeth (which FINALLY came in after months of just sitting there) and your two bottom teeth. I can see more about to come in. You're not supposed to have teeth Lincoln. You're not supposed to be old enough to have them. You love eating in your high chair, you always have this proud face when you sit in it. You're devouring baby food, and your little Gerber puffs. You are getting so vocal! You just love telling me what's going on. You are getting so strong! It really blows my mind. I can't say that enough. 

You love giving Mommy hugs and squeezes. You love  sitting with Daddy at the computer. You love being tickled and cuddled. I love seeing you smile. You have the most infectious smile. It melts my heart every. single. time. 

Obviously I'm still learning this whole Mom thing. But I'm learning so much about myself and you in the process. I'm learning I'm much more sentimental than I thought I would be with you getting older. It's been pretty hard for me. I'm learning I have to put certain stages behind me and embrace the new ones. I hate change, and having a child is all about change. I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father is getting a good laugh at that. I'm honored to be on this journey with you Lincoln. It's going to be hard, but worth it. 

I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. 

Love, 

Your Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment