December 19, 2009

moving back into the cold











So. Moving back to school was a little more stressful than I thought! I never dreamt it would be this much work. So far Denver and I have been up pretty much at the crack of dawn to get everything organized. Check out our wonderful trash pile! Denver has decided he can't really rest until everything is done. He has been such the little handyman! I just love him so much. I just want a magic fairy to come and do this all for me. I knew there would come a day when I wish I lived back at home and Mom was the best thing ever. (She still is, now I have to take over that role.)
Thursday night when we arrived, we had lots of help from friendly neighbors, and just as soon as we finished the entire city had a blackout. Whatever! It only lasted about an hour, but it was so inconvient!

Friday we organized and bought all the groceries and neccesities. Who knew all the stuff we bought I took for granted at home.

Today, we had to buy a couple more things such as a bookcase, entertainment center, shelf for bathroom, etc. Thank you Target and Walmart. What would we ever do without them? Everything never ends :D I'll put up pictures of our finished product later this week. No worries!

7 comments:

  1. so, did you guys drive a moving truck or trailer back? That's a lot of stuff you got there and I can't quite imagine it all fitting into your car.
    Moving just stinks. At least you have a chance to get it all done before classes start again. Hope you guys can dig out from the pile soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denver drove the Uhaul, and our car was on a trailer hitched to the Uhaul. I was a little nervous about driving the car behind the Uhaul :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, we did the same thing when we moved from Utah to Oregon. Except we had a U-haul with car trailer and 2nd car to drive. Glad you made it there safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the piles- =) can't wait to see it all together- what I can see looks cute.
    Hope your first day at Church is wonderful. And that people will talk to you ;}
    Love ya-

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made it! that's great & exciting!

    yes, filling the house with food is SO expensive, so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is never fun. But the faster you get through the boxes the faster things get put together. Glad you made it safely and can settle in before school starts. Just think of this as practice for many more moves to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so much work to set up your own place! It gets easier from here, at least it did for me. The initial figuring out where to put stuff is the hardest, I think.

    Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place!

    ReplyDelete