January 26, 2010

update on life

This week marks week #6 of being back up at school. Time sure flies by. Lots of time spent with Denver, running errands, and attending classes. Since I'm off track of school right now, I can only take night classes. So, this semester I'm taking an advanced writing/technical communication class, and an Old Testament class. It's pretty exciting, diving into the Old Testament this year, both in church and in my class. I never was really good about reading it, and this semester I'm reading stories I never knew existed. My writing class is going well, this week we're starting a major research paper.

Since Denver and I still don't have jobs, I will have lots of time to visit the library and complete that sucker. Since I don't have a job, my days consist of cleaning the apartment over and over. I also do homework, I make it stretch out so I have things to do during the day. I also have a Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader Workout DVD which I love working out to. Hopefully I will see some results in the upcoming weeks.

Today is devotional day and Elder Russell M. Nelson is speaking. I am quite excited about it. Tickets sell out immediately so Denver and I can't sit together. But, I figure I'm hearing an apostle of the Lord speak, so Denver and I will survive forty minutes apart.

Denver and I met a couple in the ward, (can you say finally) that we like a lot. We've been invited to Sunday dinner with them. I am excited to have found somebody to talk to. You know you're alone a lot when you start talking to the characters in the movies you watch. Or to yourself. I am guilty of doing both of these things a lot. :D

Well, I think that's about it for now. Not much to report on, but I figure an update was much needed. Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. *so sorry about the job-front. I bet that is frustrating.
    *you have to get tickets to go to the devotional??? Is that because the venue is small? Just wondering, because I've never heard of that.
    *hooray for finding a couple you both enjoy! I remember searching a looong time before finding just the right match. It's almost like dating all over again! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. frustrating indeed with job issues -- you are doing good works and you will be blessed - hang it there -- and lucky you (both) for the event to be around an apostle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we only have to get tickets for devotional when an apostle comes. lucky for us we got to hear Elder Nelson :D and thanks for all you guy's encouragment!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you are staying busy. It's great that you found a fun couple that you connect with. Keep hanging in there, everything will work out. Sometimes things just don't happen on "our" timeline. Just keep doing what you're doing and Heavenly Father will bless you. Love you a million red m&ms -- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great time at that devotional, should be great. sorry you haven't found a job, hope you are able to continue stay busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to be able to "sit" at the feet of an apostle....happy day.
    I'm glad you are enjoying your classes. Maybe February will be the month that all great things happen.
    hugs.

    ReplyDelete