June 7, 2010

Family Ties

This weekend Denver and I got to fly to Nebraska to see my brother, Brady graduate. I was super excited to go home and see my family. Denver and I were able to attend Brady's graduation party, go to the actual graduation, and go out to dinner afterward. I didn't get any pictures because my camera was dead when we got there. (Funny how the important things never get documented) But everyone had a great time and I got my small dose of wonderful Nebraska weather humidity and all. I loved it.

Note: Brady is going to be attending BYU in the fall. I forgot the title of his major, but he is going to medical school. I am so unbelievably proud of him.

As I've been married I'm beginning to realize how different it is from being single. Meaning I don't get to see my family much, and sometimes I get pretty sad about it. But I realize that before long, Denver and I will settle into a routine. And we will be able to spend time with both families, and it will get easier. And I've realized how much I love Denver! :D And how much Denver loves me. And I guess I couldn't really ask for anything more!

4 comments:

  1. It was so great to have you here, even if it was only for one day. I know it was a lot of travel time for you, but we're glad you made the trip. It wouldn't have been the same without you and Denver. Thanks so much for all your help. I appreciate you guys jumping in and taking orders from me -- sorry if I was too bossy. It's so comforting for me to see how you and Denver relate to and treasure each other. You two are so cute together. Love ya -- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS hard to be on your own and far away from family. Being out here in Texas has been really rough on me, especially realizing that once Nicholas gets to be 2 and we have to pay for his plane tickets we probably will only see each of our families maybe once a year. :(
    But I like how you said it-we are making our own families now, and the happiness that brings is more than I could ever have asked for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's fun that you got to go see your brother graduate. and that you and denver are coming up to your 1 year anniversary is crazy, that went so fast for me. you two are too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bree....I always enjoy reading your post....you have a wonderful insight...beyond your years.
    Glad you were able to visit your family.
    Hope the weather is better now at BYUI
    Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete